Mobile homes have provided protection and housing to people since 1717. In fact, about two hundred years ago, several families gathered their possessions and started a long journey on wagons across the Appalachian Mountains to reach the far West. Those wagons sheltered them for months, or even more, while they traveled from one place to another in search of a better life.
Nowadays, needs have changed, and the reasons to possess a sheltered vehicle are much different from those of people living and traveling in the Wild West. The technological progress of the previous centuries has allowed reaching modern type of mobile homes, in the forms of Caravans, Trailers, motorhomes, and Campervans. These comfortable vehicles – recreational vehicles (RVs) - are not solely used for leisure activities, but they might be used as a place to live for a long time as well.
No matter how
you use them, they do need
constant care to ensure your safety and comfortability. OUR HABITATION SERVICES
A recreational vehicle is a complex system, often equipped with a modern kitchen, toilet, shower, ventilation, gas, electricity, and a water system. Before you start a journey on the RV, or before you buy or sell an RV, you may encounter issues related to these systems. When this happens, we intervene promptly and repair the damage.
We perform a full inspection of your RV and solve problems related to any of the systems mentioned above. Ensuring every system's soundness is our reasonability.
We present here a brief overview of some issues that may arise.
• Problematic gas systems. Defective gas systems can have fatal consequences. It is important to check carefully and avoid possible gas leaks. We give high priority to this matter. For this reason, we offer this service as a part of our habitation services, but we perform it separately as well. You may find additional information about this service here (please insert the link here).
• Malfunctioning electrical systems. Minor electronic equipment in your RV is powered by 12 volts. More sophisticated appliances (AC, microwave, coffee machine, etc.) run on 240 volts. Now, imagine if your refrigerator and the microwave stop working properly. The malfunction of sockets, wiring, or batteries can indeed make your sojourn uncomfortable. We are here to assist you, to check and ensure that systems are to the relevant standards.
• Ventilation issues. This primarily includes checking congested ventilation. We make sure that ventilation in the RV is protected against the entrance of vermin. Besides, to prevent further issues, we conduct a general inspection of the ventilation mechanism to ensure the absence of cracks or damages.
• Security systems malfunctions. This includes faulty smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, malfunctions related to the fire extinguishing system, if any. It is our responsibility to fix these systems and make sure you have a sound security system.
• Water systems. We carefully check whether water pumps and water pressure work well; if necessary, we fix faucets, showers, tanks, pipes, drain systems, among others.
• Problems related to moisture and damp are perhaps one of the most common issues in an RV. Any vehicle is subject to deterioration if it is not well maintained. You may have noticed that RV's environment easily attracts humidity and moisture. The wooden frame that serves as the basic structure of your RV may deteriorate because of damp. For this reason, we check for damp when we carry out habitation services, but we also offer this service separately. You may find more information about our damp test service here
• General problems. Additional issues may arise for different causes. These problems mainly refer to small breakdowns, such as faulty doors, fixtures, antennas, furniture, supports, steps, and so on.
The extent of the issues might be different, and underestimating them may not only cause you financial burdens to carry out repairs and adjustments later on, but it is a matter of safety as well. If not addressed in time, some of these problems can pose serious life threats to you and your loved ones.
Stay safe, stay well and enjoy your trips in your RV!